Interested in working with Jennifer Fugo? Check out our current job openings!
Our Current Job Openings
Currently hiring for…
Clinical Support Coordinator
Busy Clinical Nutritionist is looking for a detail-oriented person for a work-from-home subcontractor position to support the clinical nutrition team (consisting of Jennifer + her associate) within the virtual private practice.
Our clientele is 80% US-based and focused heavily on chronic skin conditions along with a secondary focus on gut/GI complaints and autoimmunity. If you’ve had an interest in helping those who are suffering from chronic skin rash conditions, this is a great way!
Plus there is room for growth if you are interested in eventually working with clients.
Your responsibilities include:
- Organizing intake form data into the appropriate client chart format
- Compiling lab data (from both conventional + functional testing) using our rubric
- Reviewing medications for any nutrient depletion issues
- Confirm all forms and documents are completed prior to scheduled appointments
- Maintain up-to-date client records
- Assist in supporting the lead nutritionist during Skin Rash Rebuild group calls
- Occasional research using PubMed and other databases
- Assisting Clinical Nutritionists in other day-to-day responsibilities as they arise
The right candidate must have a firm understanding of standard conventional blood labs be familiar with functional labs such as:
- Stool tests — GI Effects / GI Map
- Urine test — Organix Comprehensive Panel / MycoTox / Organic Acids (Great Plains)
- Hormone test — DUTCH test
We will train you on how we assess testing and how we use functional labs, but you must be willing to learn this knowledge and excited to put it into practice.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves nerding out on labs and nutritional connections within the body.
To qualify, candidates must have one of the following:
- Have completed at least 80% of a dietetics program or a Master’s in human nutrition program (and on the path to graduate)
- Hold a Master’s degree in human nutrition
- Be a Registered Dietitian
Having previous experience working in the field of nutrition or health coaching is a plus.
Within the practice, we rely on certain platforms to support our clients including:
- Practice Better
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
It is essential that you have a working understanding of these platforms or are a quick study.
If you are the right fit for this position, you should be self-starting, self-motivated, detail-oriented, dependable, organized, upbeat, professional, empathetic, and knowledgeable. You hate spelling and grammar mistakes. You can follow directions and have a firm understanding of client privacy.
You are punctual and always thinking 2 steps ahead. You clearly communicate issues and concerns in a timely fashion so that our focus can be on supporting clients and their health. And your natural way of thinking is very oriented towards problem-solving.
You crave stability over the pressures of running your own practice and don’t want the risk and headache of running your own business.
To be clear, this position is NOT for you if you are looking…
- To grow your own practice or business
- For a business mentorship opportunity
Compensation: based on previous experience
This is a part-time subcontractor position (5-10 hours/wk) for a US-only candidate. As previously stated, there is room in this position for more hours + career growth.
You must have access to reliable high-speed internet and phone.
You must have your own liability insurance.
This is a growing position and will require phone or Skype meetings every week for about 30 to 60 minutes during business hours (9am – 5pm ET). If you’re interested in taking on more responsibility and want to learn, the opportunity is there!
You make up your own schedule (within reason) — I don’t care WHEN you work, but you must be respectful of timezones when working with the team (which is in ET and PT).
You must sign an NDA.
Hours are tracked using an approved time tracking app and submitted via an invoice every 2 weeks for payment.
If you think you’d be a good fit for the position, do the following:
- Send an email to Dani at email@example.com and in the body of the email share why you are interested in the job as well as why you’re interested to work with chronic skin issues AND include your social media account handles and website (if you have any of these – if not, it’s okay).
- Attach a PDF of your resume.
- In the Subject Line of the email, put –> CLINICAL SUPPORT COORDINATOR, I’m interested!