Welcome to the final month of 2012 and since it’s the holiday season!
I figured sharing some decadent chocolate bars with you all would be a great way to end the year with a tasty bang. I want to introduce you to the Keen-Wah Decadence Chocolate Bars from a lovely LA-based company called YogaEarth.
I first learned about YogaEarth and the Keen-Wah bar line about a year ago when I was visiting Los Angeles. Instantly I loved their products and wanted to know how I could get my hands on them. You might recall that I’ve mentioned how much I love their powdered coconut water, and I love these bars as well.
Here are a few reasons why…
1) The Keen-Wah Decadence Chocolate Bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
2) YogaEarth works hard to source really high-quality ingredients which are organic and fair-trade. They’ve added protein to their bars which is derived from the gluten-free grain called quinoa. The bars are then sweetened with coconut palm sugar which is a natural unprocessed sweetener which is very rich in minerals.
3) Sometimes it’s just absolutely wonderful to splurge and eat something that’s decadent, but won’t throw your gluten-free diet off the rails. There aren’t any highly-processed ingredients, cheap addictive sweeteners or bad-for-your-health additives.
4) They give back… according to the company, “YogaEarth donates 1% of sales to women microentrepreneurs via the non-profit organization kiva.org‘s sustainability-focused lending program focused on communities in the developing world where YogaEarth sources its ingredients (i.e., quinoa from Peru).
My personal reason for liking the bars is that the flavor profiles are interesting, rather sophisticated, but without pretense. Anyone can enjoy and appreciate the flavors in these bars. You don’t need to be a health-nut! Everyone I know loves a good chocolate bar… well, these aren’t ‘your mama’s’ chocolate bars. They’ve got depth and taste that you’ve probably not experienced before.
The Keen-Wah Decadence bars have really been a hit in the yoga community and at high-end establishments and hotels. It’s where YogaEarth has spent a lot of time cultivating a loyal following and that’s why I decided to reach out to them and get some of these goodies for you!
Okay… on to the giveaway!
To celebrate the holidays with a healthy spin on a chocolate treat, I’m giving away a mixed-flavor case of Keen-Wah Decadence Chocolate Bars to one lucky winner.
“Keen-Wah Decadence Chocolate Bars” giveaway includes:
4 bars of Chocolate Chia – 75% dark chocolate with fruity notes… yum!
4 bars of Coconut Almond – quinoa, almonds and coconut smothered in dark chocolate… double yum!
4 bars of Cayenne Cinnamon – mildly spicy flavor paired with sweet dark chocolate… triple yum!
Here’s how to enter…
In order to be considered for the “Keen-Wah Decadence Chocolate Bars” giveaway, you must complete these 3 steps:
1. Leave a comment below sharing the biggest challenge you face being Gluten-Free during the holidays. It could be family woes, recipe favorites that you can’t make anymore, the stress of being glutened at a holiday party… whatever your issue is, tell us!
2. Register for my monthly newsletter in the box here (if you’re already on the list, then you’re good to go!).
3. “Like” Gluten Free School on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gluten-Free-School/248602998493188 & share this giveaway on Facebook tagging Gluten Free School in the post so I can see that you’ve done it.
You can get extra points for completing the following options:
Get 1 bonus point for each of the proceeding actions that you can take:
1. Follow Gluten Free School on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/gfreeschool)
2. Tweet the following:: Enter to win a box of Keen-Wah chocolate bars @YogaEarth #glutenfree giveaway at @gfreeschool https://jenniferfugo.com/?p=1659
Thanks for entering and I look forward to picking this month’s winner! Contest ends Wednesday 12/12/12 at 4pm ET. To be eligible for this prize, you must live in the US.